Make the Future! Hands-On Sustainability Lessons for Years 3 & 4
Can primary students really change the world? Yes, they can – and this book shows them how!
Make the Future! Hands-On Sustainability Lessons for Years 3 & 4 is a cross-curriculum STEM resource that gives real meaning to the idea of sustainability. It contains eight different activities for each year level, designed to supplement Australian Curriculum instruction by addressing the Sustainability cross-curriculum priority, as well as reproducible worksheets and teachers’ note.
Make the Future! features
- STEM-rich activities that support the Australian Curriculum: Mathematics, Science, Technologies, Humanities and Social Sciences, English, Health and Physical Education and The Arts learning areas, as well as the Sustainability cross-curriculum priority
- data from the most up-to-date and credible sources, including the Australian Federal Government, Food Standards Australia New Zealand and Environment Victoria
- hands-on, practical activities based on traditional skills – students can make their own upcycled accessories, create meal plans, audit their home and school environments for waste and much more
- whole-class, small-group and individual work with options for a range of skill levels
- opportunities for multi-year-level collaboration, self-directed learning and community engagement
- content that actively develops key life skills, such as financial planning, upcycling and recycling and goal-setting.
Make the Future! brings sustainability to life in the classroom, while empowering your students to make a tangible difference to their future – and to have fun at the same time.
|Publish date||2018-11-19 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Nansi Kunze|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|