Make the Future! Hands-On Sustainability Lessons for Years 7 & 8
Author: Nansi Kunze
Availability: In Stock
No of Pages: 152
Publish Date: 08 April 2020
Can secondary students really change the world? Yes, they can – and this book shows them how! Make the future! Hands-on sustainability lessons for Years 7 & 8 is a resource for secondary classrooms that gives real meaning to the idea of sustainability. Created in line with the Australian Curriculum: Design and Technologies, this book empowers students to make a tangible difference to the environment – and their future.
Divided into two modules – Fibres and Foods – this resource features:
- five topics within each module, each containing hands-on mini-projects, background information and a larger project to engage students’ creativity
- textile projects that repurpose, renew and upcycle everyday items
- cooking projects that use ingredients with lower environmental impacts to make delicious, healthy and allergen-conscious meals
- sustainability data sourced from the most up-to-date and credible sources
- key life skills that students can use beyond the classroom
- reproducible worksheets and teachers’ notes
- opportunities for individual research and choices, collaborative work and community engagement.
Make the future! combines traditional skills and cutting-edge research to create authentic, purposeful activities that will show your students positive change is not just feasible – it is delicious, stylish, economical and fun!
|Publish date||2020-04-08 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Nansi Kunze|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular, Technologies|