Making Differentiation a Habit
How to Ensure Success in Academically Diverse Classrooms, Updated Edition
Differentiated instruction is not just for some teachers. All classrooms – urban or rural, public or private, large or small – include students with academically diverse needs. And to respond to those needs, every teacher must practice mindful, effective differentiation every day of the week.
In this updated edition of her guide to daily differentiated instruction, Diane Heacox outlines the critical elements for success in today’s classrooms. She gives educators evidence-based strategies and user-friendly tools to seamlessly integrate differentiation practices and optimise teaching, learning and assessment for all students, every day.
Look inside to find:
- an easy-to-follow structure that helps you experience immediate success in your classroom
- practical and insightful surveys, templates and checklists
- over 100 illustrative figures representing all curricular areas and levels
- valuable information on assessment, tiered assignments, grouping methods, student choice and independence, differentiation for gifted learners, teacher leadership and school-wide action plans
- new sections on grading, personalised learning, scaffolding strategies, digital tools and Tier I instructional interventions.
As you implement the best practices in this book, differentiation will become a routine part of your teaching, and you will never look back.
|Publish date||2019-10-21 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Free Spirit Publishing Inc|