Daily 5-Minute Practices to Support Social-Emotional Learning, PreK-5
Many teachers find it challenging to carve out time to teach basic social-emotional skills – yet focus and self-regulation are critical for academic performance and social awareness throughout a student’s life. An ideal solution is to find short but effective lessons that fit easily into your existing curriculum.
Mindful Classrooms provides that solution. Educator James Butler presents a 36-week guide for incorporating mindfulness into the school day with proved techniques that take just five minutes a day. This interactive, research-based curriculum offers clear, ready-to-use weekly formats that introduce easy-to-remember mindfulness tools and strategies to your students.
Teachers will find:
- weekly guides with day-by-day exercises
- full-colour photographs of stretching poses
- clear, simple scripts for guided and intentional breathing and for mindful listening, seeing and eating
- reflective exercises focused on topics including mutual respect, fairness, courage, perseverance, self-compassion, empathy and more
- ideas for reviewing and wrapping up each week
|Publish date||2019-10-18 00:00:00|