Flipped Learning for Science Instruction
Building on their best-selling book Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day, flipped education innovators Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams return with a book series that supports flipped learning in the four topic areas of Science, Maths, English and Humanities and Social Sciences, as well as the primary classroom.
The flipped class, in brief, is direct instruction delivered to the individual outside of class so there is more strategic use of in-class time for group work and individualised attention. In this new book, the authors discuss how educators can successfully apply the flipped classroom model to teaching Science. Each chapter offers practical guidance, including how to approach lesson planning, what to do with class time and how to employ project-based learning techniques.
This book is a practical guide for Science teachers interested in flipping their classrooms. It helps Science teachers deal with the realities of teaching in an increasingly interconnected and digital world. This book serves as a guide for Science teachers who are beginning to flip their classes or who are interested in exploring the flipped model for the first time. Each chapter explores practical ways to bring flipped learning into the Science classroom, including:
- How to flip your class and the four hurdles to flipping (thinking, technology, time and training).
- How your approach to planning changes as you implement flipped learning.
- How flipping will enhance the Science laboratory experience for students.
- How you can use traditional resources such as textbooks and the internet.
- What to do in class once you have flipped your class.
- How to implement the flipped-mastery model into a Science classroom.
- How flipped learning can work alongside learning through scientific inquiry.
- How flipped learning can provide an environment where projects can be done more often and with more fidelity.
|Publish date||2016-03-04 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)|
|Key Learning Area||Science|