Flipped Learning for English Instruction
Building on their best-selling book Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day, flipped education innovators Jonathan Bergmann and Aaron Sams return with a book series that supports flipped learning in the four topic areas of Science, Maths, English and Humanities and Social Sciences, as well as the primary classroom.
The flipped class, in brief, is direct instruction delivered to the individual outside of class so there is more strategic use of in-class time for group work and individualised attention. In this new book, the authors discuss how educators can successfully apply the flipped classroom model to teaching English. Each chapter offers practical guidance, including how to approach lesson planning, what to do with class time and how to employ project-based learning techniques.
This book is a practical guide for English teachers interested in flipping their classrooms. It helps real English teachers deal with the realities of teaching in an increasingly interconnected and digital world. This book serves as a guide for English teachers who are beginning to flip their classes or are interested in exploring the flipped model for the first time. Each chapter explores practical ways to bring flipped learning into the English classroom, including:
- How to flip your class, and the four hurdles to flipping (thinking, technology, time and training).
- How your approach to planning changes as you implement flipped learning.
- How flipping will enhance the practical English experience for students.
- What tech tools are available for English teachers to flip their classes.
- How to teach reading, writing, grammar and vocabulary in the flipped classroom.
- How English teachers can give students more ownership and choice in their learning.
- How flipped learning can provide an environment where projects can be done more often and with more fidelity.
- How to use gamification to flip the English class.
- How to implement the flipped-mastery model into an English classroom.
- How flipped learning can work alongside learning through inquiry.
|Publish date||2016-03-04 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)|
|Key Learning Area||English|