Exemplary STEM Programs
Designs for Success
Everybody talks about STEM initiatives, but is anybody doing them effectively? This book's answer is a resounding yes! It tells the inside stories of 24 science, technology, engineering and mathematics programs that both connect with the Next Generation Science Standards and lead to successful student learning.
The featured programs make it clear that STEM education can work for all age levels and in a variety of settings—traditional classrooms, charter and magnet schools, informal education programs, and after-school and summer activities. A look at the chapter titles shows you the broad range of STEM-related subjects:
- STEM Starters: An Effective Model for Elementary Teachers and Students
- STEMRAYS: After-School STEM Research Clubs
- Urban STEM: Watch It Grow!
- Mission Biotech: Using Technology to Support Learner Engagement in STEM
- Mixed-Reality Labs: Combining Sensors and Simulations to Improve STEM Education
- A State STEM Initiative Takes Root and Blossoms
- Developing STEM Site-Based Teacher and Administrator Leadership
|Publish date||2016-01-21 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||National Science Teachers Association (NSTA)|
|Key Learning Area||Mathematics, Other, Science, Technologies|