Essentials for Achieving Rigour Series
Engaging in Cognitively Complex Tasks
Can your students analyse their own understanding of content?
Academic standards call for increased rigour, but simply raising complexity is not enough. Students must also know how to investigate, experiment, solve problems and deepen their understanding of the content. They need to be able to apply their learning to authentic, reality-based situations.
Engaging in Cognitively Complex Tasks: Classroom Techniques to Help Students Generate & Test Hypotheses Across Disciplines explores explicit techniques for mastering a crucial strategy of instructional practice: teaching students to generate and test hypotheses. It includes:
- explicit steps for implementation
- recommendations for monitoring if students are able to generate and test hypotheses
- adaptations for students who struggle, have special needs or excel in learning
- examples and non-examples from classroom practice
- common mistakes and ways to avoid them
The Essentials for Achieving Rigour series of instructional guides helps educators become highly skilled at implementing, monitoring and adapting instruction. Put it to practical use immediately, adopting day-to-day examples as models for application in your own classroom.
|Publish date||2015-07-24 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Learning Sciences International|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|