Engage in the Mathematical Practices
Strategies to Build Numeracy and Literacy With K-5 Learners
Engage in the Mathematical Practices: Strategies to Build Numeracy and Literacy With K–5 Learners supports F–5 teachers in restructuring instructional strategies around the Standards for Mathematical Practice. Authors Kit Norris and Sarah Schuhl thoroughly explain why each Mathematical Practice is necessary and then illustrate how to address it in the classroom in an engaging way. Utilising these methods, teacher can more effectively help their students retain understanding and connect with the mathematics skills that will help them answer complex questions.
- gain examples of high-level tasks and lesson-design templates that promote thought, analysis, critical reasoning skills and connection building
- learn strategies for helping students meet the expectations of the Standards for Mathematical Practice
- explore research that supports the importance of the book’s standards and strategies
- consider real-life experiences that illustrate the book’s tools and strategies at work
- access reproducible task guides, task sources and planning tools.
|Publish date||2017-02-16 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Solution Tree Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Mathematics|