CIBS-II Standardised Inventory
The BRIGANCE Comprehensive Inventory of Basic Skills II Standardised, or CIBS-II Standardised, is a selection of 45 key assessments from the CIBS-II Reading/English and CIBS-II Mathematics that have been newly standardised. The CIBS-II Standardised includes valid, reliable and well-researched readiness, reading/English and mathematics assessments, and year-level placement tests that have been validated on students 5 to 13 years of age.
The CIBS-II Standardised is divided into two sections - Readiness and Year One to Year Six - that offer a range of information on students' academic skill levels as demonstrated under real-life, everyday conditions.
The norm-referenced assessments and year-level placement tests in the CIBS-II Standardised allow educators to benchmark performance, identify delays in specific academic areas and support referrals. Special educators can also address their reporting requirements, with easy-to-follow administrator instructions and simple scoring procedures. The CIBS-II Standardised produces year equivalents (based on the original Brigance research), age equivalents, percentiles and quotients in the following areas of achievement.
- Oral Expression
- Listening Comprehension
- Written Expression
- Basic Reading Skills
- Reading Comprehension
- Maths Calculation
- Maths Problem Solving
The CIBS-II Standardised can help special education teachers and program directors
- derive standardised scores, including quotients, percentiles, year equivalents and age equivalents.
- support referrals for further evaluation or special services, or confirm a diagnosis.
- assess school readiness by tapping predictors of school success.
- provide an appropriate assessment system that aligns with their curricula and that gathers data on students' progress.
- track and report individual and group progress
- meet inclusion goals by determining present levels of academic achievement and functional performance (PLAAFP), areas of strength and need, and instructional objectives.
|Publish date||2014-06-23 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Curriculum Associates, Inc. (BRIGANCE)|
|Key Learning Area||English, Mathematics|