Word by Word
101 Ways to Inspire and Engage Students by Building Vocabulary, Improving Spelling, and Enriching Reading, Writing, and Learning
Word by Word celebrates the power of words to help children become literate, effective, and compelling communicators. This comprehensive guide explores key strategies for making words the core of classroom instruction and engagement. Based on the premise that knowing and using words is central to successful learning, this remarkable book shows you ways to ignite student interest in:
- developing strategies for meeting new words in their reading
- seeing the humour in wordplay
- participating in discussions of all kinds
- enhancing their writing
- enriching communication skills when using social media
- investigating meanings of new words, building knowledge and understanding
- recognising and understanding connections in spelling patterns
- demonstrating what they know in quizzes and/or standardised assessments.
Word by Word offers a framework that goes beyond weekly spelling tests and vocabulary busywork. This practical book shows you how to encourage and motivate students to become passionate about words and develop strategies to help them grow in all their language and learning skills. Ideal for new and experienced teachers, Word by Word is committed to helping students develop innovative ways to explore and make meaning with words.
|Publish date||2019-09-26 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Pembroke Publishers|