Back to Learning
How Research-Based Classroom Instruction Can Make the Impossible Possible
Based on the most up-to-date research, Back to Learning explores the best ways to teach and to learn.
This timely book presents straightforward analysis and practical guidance on confronting bullying, taming the digital universe and changing the troublesome trend in students’ entitled attitudes toward learning and marks. It introduces three simple principles teachers can use to prioitise their approach to any teaching task.
Back to Learning gives teachers the background they need to
- understand how the brain learns and incorporate that knowledge into teaching methods
- individualise instruction in any learning/teaching situation and encourage risk-taking
- acknowledge the bullying crisis in schools, understand why current anti-bullying programs are failing and learn how to solve the bullying puzzle
- recognise the limits of standardised testing and better prepare students for being tested
- expand classroom programs and introduce simple evaluation techniques
- appreciate where the digital revolution might lead and the implications for students’ current and future roles.
Teachers will discover that it’s entirely feasible to progress from necessary tasks in a never-ending day to exciting open-ended possibilities. This valuable resource will allow them to contemplate what, at first, seems impossible in our current educational climate and to make it possible.
Informative and wide-ranging, Back to Learning is an essential resource for today’s busy professionals.
|Publish date||2017-04-10 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Pembroke Publishers|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|