Getting Ahead in the Workplace
Building Stability and Resources for a Better Life at Work and Home, Revised Edition
For those who struggle to get by every day, actually getting ahead hasn’t been part of your story. Life is unstable and unpredictable. Getting and keeping a good job seems nearly impossible, yet doing so is key to turning your life around. But what if you were able to take control of your future? How would your story change?
For employers, the instability of your workforce – especially among low-wage or part-time employees – is more than inconvenient: it’s expensive. But what if your policies and practices helped your people establish control and stability in their lives? How would that affect engagement and turnover – and your bottom line?
Getting ahead in the workplace solves these challenges by helping under-resourced people build resources and gain control over their future stories. Participants create their own success by investigating:
- the realities of conditions at home, work and the community and how they impact stability
- the ‘hidden rules’ and special language of getting ahead in the workplace
- how to build resources and relationships that open doors and help keep them open
- practical skills for dealing with change and creating stability at work and at home
- the power of intentionally creating and following a new future story plan.
|Publish date||2021-09-27 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Aha Process Inc|
|Key Learning Area||Professional development|