A Handbook for Personalized Competency-Based Education
In F–12 education’s growing movement of competency-based education and personalised learning, both contradictory and overlapping definitions emerge around these two terms. To establish a shared meaning, A Handbook for Personalized Competency-Based Education delves into the components of personalised competency-based education (PCBE). Authors Robert J. Marzano, Jennifer S. Norford, Michelle Finn and Douglas Finn III and contributors Rebecca Mestaz and Roberta Selleck offer a clear approach to implementing a PCBE system and explore strategies that educators should consider as they design a culture to ensure students’ content mastery.
F–12 teachers and leaders will
- receive clear guidance on implementing a PCBE system
- consider changes in providing and scheduling instruction, reporting grades and measuring student progress
- comprehend the variety of assessments available to them and learn how to develop proficiency scales
- read vignettes that illustrate the shifts that should occur to foster PCBE
- discover how to use behaviour rubrics, personal tracking matrices, report cards and other tools in aiding instruction and assessment.
|Publish date||2017-05-24 00:00:00|
|Partner Name||Marzano Resources|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|