Designing Authentic Performance Tasks and Projects
Tools for Meaningful Learning and Assessment
Aimed at the growing number of educators seeking to engage students in active and relevant learning, this comprehensive guide can be used to help students attain deeper learning and transfer their knowledge, skills and understandings to the real world.
You’ll learn how to:
- apply practical and proven design tools to create rich learning experiences, authentic project-based learning (PBL) opportunities and performance-based assessments (PBA) that address both academic and 21st century skills
- design performance tasks and projects that offer students voice and choice
- develop and use criterion-based evaluation tools and rubrics for assessment, including student and peer-based assessment
- use performance-based instructional strategies to prepare students for authentic application
- differentiate tasks and projects for all students, including those needing additional support or challenge
- effectively manage the logistics of a performance-based classroom
- develop and extend the performance-based approach to curriculum at the program, school and district levels.
McTighe, Doubet and Carbaugh provide real-world examples from across all grade levels and subject areas that show just how effective this approach can be. Packed with practical and easy-to-use resources, this is a book that can help any teacher transform a classroom into a vibrant centre of learning.
|Publish date||2020-08-17 00:00:00|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|