Leading in Sync
Teacher Leaders and Principals Working Together for Student Learning
Teacher leadership holds great promise for improving the quality of teaching and ensuring student success. But for co-performance of leadership among teacher leaders and principals to be effective, they must learn to lead in sync.
Leading in Sync: Teacher Leaders and Principals Working Together for Student Learning provides principals, assistant principals, coaches, department leaders, year-level and content team leaders, mentors, professional development leaders and in fact all teachers with the strategies and tools needed to
- examine their own thinking about what constitutes high-quality teaching so they can work toward a shared vision
- identify teachers’ many strengths as potential assets for achieving the shared vision
- recognise ways in which most teachers are already leading
- support leadership collaboration through efficient, effective communication
- develop trust required to learn to lead together.
Jill Harrison Berg offers thought-provoking context and reflection questions that enable educators to examine their unique settings; real-world examples of teachers and principals co-performing leadership to improve student success; and dozens of strategies, tools and templates to facilitate leading in sync.
|Publish date||2019-01-24 00:00:00|
|Key Learning Area||Cross-Curricular|