Yes We Can! Addresses the collaborative partnership that general and special educators must develop in order to close the achievement gap and maximise learning for all. Authors Heather Friziellie, Julie A. Schmidt, and Jeanne Spiller focus on employing professional learning community practices and the four critical questions of a PLC to modify education structures and belief systems based on the outlook that all students can learn.
K-12 teachers, related service providers, and school and district administrators will:
- Use the three big ideas and four critical questions of PLCs to maximise learning for all students
- Consider common team structures to support collaboration between general and special educators
- Learn when conditions make special educations services most effective
- Study the steps for determining priority standards and unpacking these standards into learning targets
- Discover what tailored instruction means and does not mean
- Develop instructional plans using free reproducibles