Why is it so critical that school leaders embrace social media? And when they're ready to start, what's the best first step? Here’s everything you need to know to begin building a social media platform that nurtures relationships and garners support from your key stakeholders, including step-by-step instructions on how to use three of today's most popular tools for social media: Twitter, Facebook, and blogs.
- Helps school leaders reflect and apply concepts to their own community with Next Steps found throughout each chapter
- Provides current research that explains why the transition to social media is timely and accessible
- Demonstrates how online tools can open dialogue for a more informed, supportive two-way relationship with the community
- Addresses existing obstacles and eases fear of change
- Outlines and explores different forms of online communities
- Guides leaders through the steps to creating an effective, healthy online presence
- Attests to the value of social media in crisis management