There is now a CAMS Plus & STAMS Plus Placement Book (just like CARS & STARS) which will help you to choose which level your students should be placed on based on their ability. View our Placement book page for more details!
CAMS & STAMS Plus is the updated version of CAMS, STAMS and CAMS II. There are now only two parts, CAMS (the assessment portion) and STAMS (the instruction portion). The benchmarking component, formerly CAMS II, has now been updated and included within the new, expanded CAMS Plus. There is also now a brand new book called Solve that is designed to be used as extra practice alongside STAMS instruction. See the Solve page for more information on this book.
Within the CAMS Plus book, tests are broken into 16 Pretests, 4 Benchmarks and 16 Post tests. As with STAMS Plus, CAMS Plus includes new concepts and skills. Books A–H include the Student Progress Chart, where students can optionally record their own level of mastery for the strategies covered.
The student book changes consist of new concepts and skills and revisions to old ones.
The teacher guide changes consist of explicit detailed instruction that guides teachers through administering lessons to students. Lesson contents include:
1. Lesson Objectives quickly identifies goals for students
2. Related Australian Curriculum Content Descriptions identifies the content descriptions covered in the lesson
3. Prerequisites list the skills students should have already mastered to be successful in this lesson
4. Related STAMS Lessons help you differentiate instruction by listing precursor lessons students might need
5. Vocabulary lists key maths terms from the lesson, with definition
6. Maths Background helps teachers understand why the content of a particular lesson is important for students to learn
7. Interactive Whiteboard makes every lesson a powerful and engaging visual experience for students and teachers alike
8. Reduced student pages help you know exactly where your students are in a lesson
9. At a Glance provides busy teachers with a snapshot of the important lesson elements
10. Tips provide thoughtful ways to help students understand a concept
11. EAL/D Support alerts you to words that might be making it harder for English as an Additional Language or Dialogue to learn a skill
12. Error Alert points out common errors students make that lead them to an incorrect answer
13. Additional Activity references a specific activity that supports each lesson part. As well, there is a page of additional activities at the end of each lesson with five questions activities: a hands-on activity; reteaching activity; vocabulary activity; real-world connection; school-home connection; and challenge activity.
14. Answer Analysis explains why an answer is correct and also shows the types of errors students make that lead them to choose an incorrect answer
CAMS Plus & STAMS Plus Online: Assessment & Reports
CAMS Plus & STAMS Plus Online: Assessment and Reports is an online portal that allows you to produce detailed reports of how your students and class progress using the CAMS Plus & STAMS Plus mathematics program – and in half the time! It automatically analyses both student performance and overall class performance per maths level, and displays individual strengths and weaknesses in the maths strategies. As students complete lessons, teachers can input, track and analyse their results with CAMS Plus & STAMS Online for detailed assessment and reports on every student in the classroom. Read More.
Find out how you can get a FREE 30 Day Trial!