Facilitate learning in secondary mathematics and maximise student achievement with state-of-the-art teaching strategies!
This easy-to-navigate guide offers teachers research-based teaching strategies for introducing secondary students to the content and skills needed to understand and excel at mathematics. Using the popular format of the What Successful Teachers Do books, the authors present 79 dynamic learning activities, each including:
- A concise statement of the teaching strategy
- Research-based validations for the strategy
- How the strategy aligns with other teaching practices
- Year-specific classroom applications
- Precautions and possible pitfalls
- Primary sources for further reading
This insightful resource allows teachers to increase students’ confidence in maths – and their enthusiasm – with practical and engaging activities while responding effectively to everyday teaching needs.